#1 Bryan

Bryan

Middle Ring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Interests:Bike camping/touring

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

In Fayetteville WVa. I've been riding around WVa for decades. In fact my first Mt Bike experience was a 3 day weekend riding Tea Creek Mountain in 1988. And, stayed in Fayetteville for a season in 1995. Most of the trails we rode back then were not legal bike trails.

I read about the Arrowhead trail project built by IMBA and the Boy Scouts @ Kaymoor that conected to Fayetteville Park. This was an area we rode 4 wheeler paths and pirate trails. So, I made a plan to head back there and check it out.

This was not your typical steep rocky technical WVa riding. This is machine built, smooth hard pack dirt of total Flow. I jumped on the Dalton trail and had a blast. It felt like it was contant downhill with just little climb backs every so often. For over six miles and came right back to the start to do it again, with some equally good change ups. After the second lap I did have to climb back up a half mile of gravel road.

I ended up getting a full day of riding including taking the Le Croix trail and connecting to Fayeteville trail to the city park and back.

#2 arnoldtm2

arnoldtm2

Granny Gear

• MemberValidating
  • PipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yes! I've good things from the guys at New River Bikes. Sounds like they'd be good change from usual steep rocky rad stuff in WVA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users