Hard-Core

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:Endorphin Fitness
    Stijl Cycles
    Friends of Pocahantas

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

I'm thinking of hitting these trails this weekend. I will be near Deltaville for the weekend and want to ride a few miles on Saturday. What are the trails like? How technical? I will be bringing my begginner friend with me.

Can I do these on my cross bike or should I bring the mountain bike? I would prefer the cross bike so I can hit some road during the weekend easier as well.

#2 Robativy

Robativy

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm thinking of hitting these trails this weekend. I will be near Deltaville for the weekend and want to ride a few miles on Saturday. What are the trails like? How technical? I will be bringing my begginner friend with me.

Can I do these on my cross bike or should I bring the mountain bike? I would prefer the cross bike so I can hit some road during the weekend easier as well.

I ride there at least once a week. Technically the trails have a decent amount of short climbing, some roots, bridges, a downhill course, etc. You'll have more fun on your mountain bike :bike: I took someone on their 2nd mountain bike ride there and they had fun. The downhill course is just after the bench on the bluff (right-hand split). You'll see it if you look left when crossing the power lines. This week I'll be sure and clear most of the debris that's down from the recent thunderstorms :notsure:

#3 DavidR

DavidR

Hard-Core

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,362 posts
  • Interests:Endorphin Fitness
    Stijl Cycles
    Friends of Pocahantas

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the update and your work out there. I'm still trying to work this in either Saturday or Sunday morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users