• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Argivian

Argivian

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 11:34 AM

Looks like the winter did a lot of damage to the expert trail here. A lot of the trail is completely underwater, or just deep sloppy mud. Hopefully will dry out as it gets warmer.

Paul

#2 G

G

Pocohontas Trail Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,333 posts
  • Interests:All types of cycling( XC FR DH),camping and trail maintance, and target shooting(pistol, and rifle)

Posted 23 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

I did not think these trails were still around?

#3 Big Al

Big Al

Granny Gear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

The names are misleading but the trails are kept in good shape by a small group of volunteers. These trails have been instrumental in getting new riders started. Nothing Expert about the Expert trail but still a good place to ride. The Watershed that the trails are located on allows many options to ride onto the National Park Battlefield and beyond. Easy to put together rides over 20 miles.

#4 Ace7926

Ace7926

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:31 PM

just did them today, they're all in good shape and pretty fun. Im just getting into the sport and i can handle all three just fine. Was a good time

#5 ridetoofast

ridetoofast

Middle Ring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Mtnbiking, windsurfing, snow/wakeboarding, kayaking, advent racing, beer, volunteering w/SPCA

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

if you like that you REALLY need to hit up the other trails...far better
new quarter would be the next good step for you followed by freedom/york
i cant speak to upper county or wahrini yet as ive not ridden them
also if you're in newport news at all id highly recommend lake maury (also known as gatewood)
its located immediately adjacent to riverside hospital off the spur that connects warwick to harpersville...gatewood
what do you ride?
see you on the trail

#6 Ace7926

Ace7926

Training Wheels

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 07:50 AM

i literally live around the corner from the lake maury trailhead. I tried it the first day i got my bike, i shouldnt have... i wasnt ready for it, i got so lost cause there are no signs guiding the way or anything. I guess i should try it again, now that i've done a few singletracks. But yea, i got very lost and ended up coming out no where near where i went in lol

#7 ridetoofast

ridetoofast

Middle Ring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Mtnbiking, windsurfing, snow/wakeboarding, kayaking, advent racing, beer, volunteering w/SPCA

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:17 AM

a group of us from work meet there on wed ~430, be happy to show you a loop. let me know
ill be on a black gary fisher rig 29r SS w/thudbuster seatpost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users